Whether you are trying to lose weight, improve your level of fitness or just have fun, there are plenty of reasons to include your partner in the mix. Working out with your significant other can benefit you in many different ways, and couples who work out together are more likely to stick to it and meet their fitness goals.
If you are planning to start a new workout regimen, talk to your spouse or partner before you do. If your partner is reluctant to join you on your workouts, just remind them of these 10 compelling benefits of working out as a couple.
1. Better health for both of you — When you are healthier, you and your partner can enjoy more things together.
2. A sense of connection — Sharing experiences is good for your love life, and working out with your partner is one more way to connect on a physical level.
3. A greater sense of well-being — When you are done working out, you and your partner will feel better. That sense of well-being can create a virtuous cycle that encourages both of you to work out even more.
4. Help with fitness plateaus — It is easy to get stuck on a fitness plateau, where working out further seems pointless and painful. Having a workout partner makes it easier to get past those plateaus so that you can enjoy higher and higher levels of fitness.
5. Less jealousy — It is easy for someone to get jealous when their spouse is surrounded by hot young bodies at the gym. By working out together, couples can eliminate (or at least significantly reduce) that tendency toward jealousy.
6. A healthy sense of competition — Working out together gives you and your partner the opportunity to challenge one another, creating a healthy sense of competition that is good for both of you.
7. A better sex life — Getting in shape can help your sex life, giving you one more reason to hit the gym every day.
8. Spending quality time together – It can be hard for busy partners to spend time together, so workout time becomes that much more
precious. Working out as a couple can guarantee that you will be spending time together, and that is good for both of you.
9. The chance to try something new — It is easy to get bored and fall into a routine, but working out together breaks things up and allows you to explore new things. From kickboxing and Pilates to swimming and soccer, there are plenty of ways for couples to explore fitness together.
10. Better results — When you push each other to work out, you and your partner can enjoy better results, including faster weight loss, higher levels of fitness and a real sense of satisfaction.
Staying motivated to work out is not always easy, but working out with your partner can help a lot. Schedule your next class together at The Fit Yard!! Whether you are embarking on a weight-loss journey for the new year or following doctor’s orders to improve your fitness, you can bring in your partner to help you in many different ways.